The list of what Biden and Democrats have accomplished is astounding
The Democratic Coalition began in 2016 and quickly grew into one of the largest grassroots Resistance operations opposing Trump in the entire country — and then we helped lead the historic effort to defeat Trump for re-election on November 3rd, 2020.
We then shifted our focus to Georgia to win the final two Senate seats there January 5th, 2021 to give incoming Vice-President Kamala Harris a tie-breaking vote in the upper chamber and give President Biden a shot to actually enact his agenda.
And WOW, look at everything we have accomplished together since then 👇
Please read and share this page so we can spread the word.
- American Rescue Plan: Biden and Democrats — with zero GOP votes — passed the American Rescue Plan back in March 2021 to get shots in arms and checks in pockets and schools open and our economy started to move again at a historic clip.
- Ended War in Afghanistan: Three previous presidents tried, but only Joe Biden took the decisive action that would finally get America out of our longest war, saving trillions in taxpayer dollars and preventing untold troop deaths had we continued there for years on end.
- Restored America’s Standing In The World: President Biden has united the West, strengthened and expanded NATO by adding Finland and Sweden, and is currently fighting the war against Russia without firing a single shot. Polls have shown America’s standing in the world has rebounded strongly after four years of Trump groveling at Putin’s feet.
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Simply put, this is the largest investment in our country’s crumbling infrastructure since the Eisenhower Administration. The massive plan passed last November will combat climate change, add millions of jobs, and make our country more competitive in the world for decades to come.
- The first major gun safety legislation in 30 years: President Biden helped pass and signed legislation which includes incentives for states to pass red-flag laws, strengthens existing laws to prevent convicted domestic abusers from owning guns, and expands background checks on people between the ages of 21 seeking to buy a gun.
- Biden helped pass the CHIPS and Science Act to boost our economy: President Biden helped pass a bipartisan bill to boost American manufacturing, lower costs, and strengthen U.S. leadership in the technology of the future. The CHIPS and Science Act, which will make our economy more globally competitive, will boost semiconductor manufacturing in the U.S. and increase American innovation and jobs in science and technology.
- Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson: President Biden nominated and a bipartisan group of Senators confirmed Justice Jackson as the first Black woman to serve on the high court, which prior to now had only five women in its 233-year history. Jackson’s confirmation now moves us closer to building a better and more credible Supreme Court.
- Diversifying and Re-Making The Federal Judiciary: President Biden has added more federal judges to the bench than any new President in 50 years, including a record number of women and minorities.
- Managing the Coronavirus: Because of this administration’s dogged work ethic, competence, legislative victories, and a basic belief in science, more than 220 million Americans have been vaccinated, schools are open, businesses are thriving, and COVID deaths are down 90 percent.
- Economic Boom: Because of his legislative policy agenda, President Biden has overseen the largest number of jobs created for a new president in American history. We are the only major economy larger now than pre-COVID and we’ve seen the fastest drop in unemployment on record.
- A Cabinet that Reflects America: When broken down by race and gender, President Biden’s Cabinet is nearly 55% nonwhite and 45% female. Biden’s Cabinet also includes multiple historic nominations that aren’t highlighted in these overall numbers, including in Pete Buttigieg, the first openly gay secretary confirmed to the Cabinet; Janet Yellen, the first woman to lead the Treasury Department; and Deb Haaland, the first Native American in a president’s Cabinet.
- Biden killed the leader of al Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri: “People around the world no longer need to fear the vicious and determined killer. The United States continues to demonstrate our resolve and our capacity to defend the American people against those who seek to do us harm,” Biden said after avenging the deaths Zawahiri had caused by masterminding 9/11, the attack on the U.S. Cole, the bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, and numerous other massacres.
- Passed the PACT Act to help Veterans exposed to burn pits: Despite shamelessly pathetic and dishonest opposition from Republicans, Biden and Democrats in Congress passed The PACT Act, a new law that expands VA health care and benefits for Veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxic substances that caused a multitude of cancers and other diseases. This law helps us provide generations of Veterans — and their survivors — with the care and benefits they’ve earned and deserve.
- Announced Historic Student Loan Forgiveness Plan: In August 2022, President Biden announced a historic student loan forgiveness plan that will provide meaningful relief for individuals and families across the country — 27 million borrowers stand to have up to $20,000 knocked off their student loan balance and 20 million borrowers stand to have their student loan balance wiped out entirely, and almost all of this relief is targeted at lower and middle income earners.
- Passed the Inflation Reduction Act: Republicans howl about inflation, but when it comes to doing anything about it, only the Democrats deliver. The IRA will cut the federal deficit, lower prescription drug prices, lower energy costs, lock in lower health care costs, and take aggressive action to tackle the climate crisis — and it does not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400,000 a year. It’s being called the single greatest effort to combat climate change in world history.
In fact, passage of the Inflation Reduction Act makes Biden one of the most legislatively successful presidents of the modern era, especially when focusing on these four bills:
— American Rescue Plan
— Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
— Chips and Science Act
— Inflation Reduction Act
It’s a nearly $3.5 trillion progressive agenda that will benefit our country, protect our planet, and make us more competitive in the world for decades to come.
Learn more about us by visiting www.DemocraticCoalition.org