The Dem Coalition is off to a great start in 2019
2019 is off to a great start for The Dem Coalition. Let’s break down everything we’ve done below.
The Democratic Coalition’s Facebook page has grown to more than 386,000 fans, served 144.4 million impressions in 2019, and has driven 11.5 million engagements and 3.5 million link clicks this year.
The page continues to be one of the top progressive pages in terms of total interactions and interaction rate — and one of the most active, driving 3,117 posts already in 2019 and 13,851 posts in 2018 and 14,069 posts in 2017.
Here is a quick look at the numbers via Sprout Social already during 2019:
Impressions — 144,411,532
Average Daily Users Reached — 412,204
Engagements — 11,545,177
Clicks — 3,522,325
These engagement numbers become even more impressive when compared with similar — many larger and more established — groups via Crowdtangle stats:
(Note: There are clearly slight discrepancies between the way Sprout Social and Crowdtangle categorize engagements and interactions in Facebook.)
However, the Twitter numbers may be even more striking when you include our leadership team. For starters, the @DemCoalition Twitter account has served 68.7 million impressions in 2019 and has driven 3.3 million engagements and 348K link clicks while growing to more than 231K followers.
But then look at the numbers behind co-founder Scott Dworkin — his @Funder account achieved an astonishing 17.28 million interactions so far in 2019 and grew to more than 456K followers. Scott was joined by Coalition Chairman Jon Cooper’s @JonCooperTweets 256K-follower account which drove 5.70 million interactions.
Here’s how Dworkin and Cooper stack up against some of the top tweeters of #TheResistance:
All of the The Dem Coalition’s social media properties have been dedicated to driving actions to Congress. In fact, more than 115,000 unique individuals have sent more than 500,000 letters to Congress on a wide variety of issues — including more than 102,000 letters in support of impeaching Donald Trump.
RESEARCH AND MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
Here are the results of some of the research we have done and other media highlights:
- Associated Press: McConnell’s maneuvers take backseat to Trump in shutdown
- Salon: Devin Nunes appears to defend protesters calling John Lewis racial slurs in resurfaced video
- Guardian: Alec Baldwin fears for family’s safety after Trump ‘retribution’ threats
- WJCT: Florida Congressman Faces Allegations of Witness Tampering Before Cohen Testimony
- USA Today: After denying racism, videos of Meadows vowing to send Obama ‘home to Kenya’ resurface
- Splinter News: Here’s Definitely Not Racist Mark Meadows Being Wildly Racist About Obama
- USA Today: ‘So many questions’: James Comey and others on social media react to Mueller report
- Second Nexus: WATCH: Rep. Matt Gaetz Says ‘Absolutely Donald Trump Should Release His Tax Returns’
- Hill Reporter: How I Became An Animated Anti-Trump Character on Twitter
- Slate: Did Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Just Lay Groundwork for Democrats to Subpoena Trump’s Tax Returns?
- Inquisitr: Trump Winery Website States It’s Not Affiliated With Donald Trump Or The Trump Organization
- Inquisitr: Mitch McConnell, Who Voted To Lift Russian Oligarch’s Sanctions, Reportedly Has Deep Ties To Russian Oil Money
- Medium: Mitch McConnell’s Ties to Russian Oil Money
- The Hill: Dem lawmaker calls Miller a ‘scumbag’ for ripping janitors in old high school speech
Here are the more successful videos we have pushed out on Twitter, racking up more than 34 million views combined. (Note: This list is being completed, please check back later.)
- 327,000 views: Trump Advisor Stephen Miller being escorted off stage after saying his offensive comment about janitors
- 4.6 million views: Stephen Miller trashing janitors
- 1.5 million views: Stephen Miller making a racist “joke” about immigrants hiding in shadows
- 2.7 million views: Donald Trump Jr. in Latvia saying he’s been to Russia “many times.”
- 978,000 views: Don Jr says what he does in Russia
- 260,000 views: Ivanka talking about Egypt
- 1.1 million views: Matt Gaetz saying Trump should release taxes
- 316,000 views: Trump and the India fund
- 530,000 views: Trump arrives LA golf club dinner
- 5.2 million views: Trump and Forbes in Russia
- 673,000 views: Scott Dworkin on MSNBC — Jared Kushner should resign
- 1 million views: Dworkin on MSNBC — Kushner is a billionaire
- 1.7 million views: Trump best Russian partners
- 190,000 views: Trump in Georgia with Cohen
- 501,000 views: Nunes lawsuit threat
- 606,000 views: Dworkin on MSNBC — Speaker Ryan belongs in prison
- 885,000 views: Trump runs out of BBC interview
- 321,000 views: Dworkin on MSNBC — Kushner colluded
- 133,000 views: Don Jr, Cohen, Trump discuss Putin’s fighter
And the best part is that we are just getting started. You can support our efforts to elect more Democrats and hold Trump accountable here.